[OTR-dev] Packagers: please check out 4.0.0-rc1

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Aug 22 19:37:06 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 04:23:52PM -0700, Chris Ballinger wrote:
> I can't seem to get it to build for iOS ARM targets at first glance using a
> modified version of this script:
> https://github.com/chatsecure/OTRKit/blob/master/build-libotr.sh
>
> Build log output here:
> https://gist.github.com/3430478
>
> It seems to work fine for iOS Simulator (i386) targets, however. I'll see
> if I can track down the problem later, don't let it hold up your release.
> The build script works fine for libotr 3.2.1.

It appears it's not liking the PIE stuff.  You can turn off the
hardening flags at configure time with --disable-gcc-hardening and
--disable-linker-hardening.  The issue is that -pie *exists*, so
configure is including it, but using it yields:

ld: -pie can only be used when targeting iOS 4.2 or later