[OTR-dev] pidgin-otr rewrite

Peter Lawler otr.dev at bleeter.id.au
Sun Dec 18 00:42:36 EST 2011

> I've spent a couple days rewriting the pidgin-otr-3.2.0 plugin to only use
> libpurple, so that the plugin will work with finch. I've just now gotten
> something running, so I thought I'd post a snapshot of my changes to get some
> early feedback. You'll also need the latest finch source with my patch here
>
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/14818
I've added some tags to that ticket and will try and catch up with the
GNT/Finch folks over the coming week and see how they feel about it. My
gut instinct is they'll be happy someone's supplied a patch to extend
Finch's plugin support capabilities. Whether they'll be happy to merge
it before 2.10.2, I can't possibly say. Will see how they feel about (as
per your comment on the ticket) where in the source it should go.

Regards,

Pete.