[OTR-dev] New OTR Development

Rob Smits rob.smits at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 18 14:24:03 EST 2010

[Please note that while I have included both the dev and users lists in
this message, only send your replies to the dev list]

Hello,

I am a past OTR contributor who is now working with Ian as a grad
student. This means there will be some new OTR development happening!

The current focus is tackling some of the items on this list:
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-dev/2010-February/001108.html

We've also done some analysis regarding the XMPP Resource/Fingerprint
issue
( http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2010-September/001869.html ).  As it turns out, some of the design changes required to fix the "multiple logins" problem (described in the first link above) can actually give us a clean solution to this fingerprint issue.

Regards,
Rob Smits