[OTR-dev] java otr

Christian Fromme kaner.mail at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:30:13 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I just realized there is a Java port for OTR in the works. Since I
have been working
on the very same thing with a small group of people for two month or
so, this is a
bit disappointing. Of course its great that there will be a OTR lib
for Java written by
the original OTR devs -- don't get me wrong here. Maybe we should've
put more effort
into marketing ;-). I think it's not really an option to write a
second, competing OTR
lib since Ian's version clearly will be the one to use.

Anyway. Things are the way they are. Please let us know whether we can be of any
help at this point.

Best,
Christian