[OTR-dev] Cross compile pidgin-otr for windows

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Jul 18 23:47:37 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 03:32:06AM -0000, Sec wrote:
> Ian,
>
> I compiled the ligcrypt and ligpgerror now using the configure method
> for mingw below and I was able to compile libotr now successfully
> under mingw.

Great!

> Now I tried compiling pidgin-otr using make -f Makefile.mingw after
> giving the paths to pidgin and libpurple sources, but I get still some
> *.h files not found like X11/Xutil.h etc.
>
> --> So I guess I guess similar compiling (like libgcrypt must be done
> for all the once listed below as well in order to avoid not finding
> some *.h files ? And the same follows for all *.h files it complains
> as you start with one ?

When you're cross-compiling for Windows, nothing at all should be
looking for X11/Xutil.h.  Did you give the paths to the *win32* pidgin
and libpurple sources in /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/include/ ?  You should
also have the gtk-2.0/{gtk,gdk,gdk-pixbuf} header files in there.  There
should be no references to include files under X11 in those.