[OTR-dev] Pidgin plugin development and GUI look

hcat at gmx.net hcat at gmx.net
Sat May 31 11:49:59 EDT 2008

> OK, give it a try now.  I've done both the button-in-the-toolbar and
> the updated authentication dialog (based on your mockup).
Nice! I really like it.

> Anyone else have any changes to suggest
A few random:
- Would it be able to make the menu integration in chats default but optional?

- Would it be possible to mark the fingerprints inside the auth dialog as selectable (to easily copy them)?

- Perhaps resize the auth dialog according to the space needed (e.g. question&answer takes less space than fingerprint so the dialog could be smaller)

Also, I tried to test some stuff while a buddy was offline and it seems he got a message about me trying to initiate a private connection with him or something. I also noticed that the status stays "Private" even after the buddy went offline. Does this make sense? I suppose supporting invisible mode for some protocols would be an issue but how about dropping "Private" when the buddy goes offline and if the user tries to establish another private chat, warn him that this will fail if the buddy is really offline (and not just invisible). Though maybe I'm overlooking something here.

Cheers,
-Michael

--
Super-Aktion nur in der GMX Spieleflat: 10 Tage für 1 Euro.
Über 180 Spiele downloaden: http://flat.games.gmx.de