[OTR-dev] German translation for Pidgin-otr 3.2.0

Michael Meier mail at code.mmsources.de
Wed May 28 09:26:49 EDT 2008

Hello Ian,

thank you for informing me about the upcoming release of pidgin-otr
3.2.0, so i could update the translation accordingly.

However, i found one inconsistency.  The text box for entering the
secret/answer included the hint "Enter secret here" in pidgin-otr 3.1.0.
Now it's just supposed to be left as an empty text box but because of
these two gettext macros, the po  header dummy entry is pulled in as
replacement instead:

gtk-dialog.c: 649
   gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry), _(""));

gtk-dialog.c: 557
   gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry), _(""));

http://data.mmsources.de/pidgin-otr3.2-localization.png

Also, these two entries are not yet localized by gettext:

gtk-dialog.c: 638
 label_text = g_strdup_printf("Enter secret here:");

gtk-dialog.c: 500
 label_text = g_strdup_printf("Enter question here:");

Please inform me when you changed this and if you change any more
strings before release, so i can keep the translation up-to-date . I'm
also subscribed to this mailing list.

Regards,

Michael