[OTR-dev] Pidgin plugin development and GUI look

hcat at gmx.net hcat at gmx.net
Tue May 27 16:35:41 EDT 2008

Wow this is one fast mailing list ;)

> How would you show multiple conversations?  If we could figure this out,
> someone could try to add it at least as an option.

Btw are we talking about "multiple conversations" like a) having multiple conversations to multiple persons in the same window using tabs or b) chatting with a meta contact using more than one account at a time (e.g. XMPP and ICQ)?

For a), showing the status icon in the menu bar is a bit confusing IMHO. The menu is relative to the selected tab, but the user could also interpret it as relative to all of the tabs.

For b) this would be the same in the toolbar as what is now in the menu bar. Without clicking, "OTR: <status>" would be relative to what you currently use. I'm not sure about this but if you write to someone using XMPP and he replies using ICQ, will your reply go out using ICQ? If this is the case, the stauts should change to the new active protocol. The popup would have status information for all accounts, similar to what is currently in the menu (which I think can still be improved to make it more obvious).

Cheers,
-Michael