Backwards compatability (was: Re: [OTR-dev] Pidgin plugin development and GUI look)

Kjell Braden fnord at pentabarf.de
Tue May 27 10:38:25 EDT 2008

> Others:
>
>     Please try out the new code and tell me if something goes horribly
>     wrong (doesn't compile on your platform, doesn't work in some
> weird
>     case, etc.).

Hi Ian,

I've not yet tested your code but had a look at the handling of the
SMP1Q tlv. If I read the source code in the svn correctly, does this
mean that a 3.1.0 user who receives an SMP1Q TLV sees nothing, as he
doesn't know it yet? If so, I think it would be more sensible to just
re-use the old SMP1 TLV and add the data section question there, which
would result in the same thing for two 3.2.0 users, but 3.1.0 would not
see the question (but they would still see the initial SMP request!).

Thanks,
Kjell