[OTR-dev] Identity Based Encryption plug-in based on OTR

mehmet muhtar mehmet.muhtar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:51:47 EST 2008

Sorry guys if this is a repost, I somehow did not receive a confirmation on
sent mail.

Hello guys,
I really am sorry if this is not the place, but I have to get an answer
about this issue since this is my graduation project.
I am assigned to design an IBE (Identity Based Encryption) plug-in for
Pidgin and I'm wondering whether this can be done with some modifications to
OTR plug-in. Since libgcrypt does not provide IBE engine, my question is,
what specifications should a library have to be a library which can be used
with Pidgin like libgcrypt is used?

Long story short, can the following libraries be imported, or used with
Pidgin?
http://www.shamus.ie/ available for download @
ftp://ftp.computing.dcu.ie/pub/crypto/miracl.zip
http://crypto.stanford.edu/pbc/ available for download @
http://crypto.stanford.edu/pbc/download.html

Since i got you code guru guys here, just one more quick question, can
executable files be manipulated within Pidgin ? Speaking of IBE encryption,
I have 4 phases of IBE encryption ready to roll as win32 console
applications (setup, extract, encrypt, decrypt), is there a way to make
Pidgin plug-in code command these executables and receive feedback from them
? Let's just say, like very simple, decrypt message using the exe, return
the decrypted message etc.

Please don't leave me unresponded, as I was left at Pidgin-dev mail
list, because I'm desperately seeking for help.
Thanks in advance for reading guys, greets.