[OTR-dev] session termination

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed May 30 20:18:15 EDT 2007

On May 30, 2007, at 7:11 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:

> Actually, the OS should signal the application just before going to
> hibernation. I am not sure if Linux does this properly, but I think
> Adium on OSX properly handles this

The Adium bit is partially true.   Adium receives a "will sleep"
notification, responds with "wait until I say so", disconnects all
accounts, then says "okay, proceed with sleep".

When Adium was using gaim-otr, from Adium 0.80 through Adium 1.0,
this led to proper behavior, as the signed-on and signed-off signals
are used by gaim-otr as described.  I nearly replied, "Yes, Adium
does this properly," but a nagging feeling made me check the Adium 1.0
+ code... and when I ported gaim-otr to being an Objective-C Adium
component for 1.0, that bit didn't get carried over.  I've put it on
my to-do list for Adium... I'm glad that came up in discussion :)

-Evan