[OTR-dev] gaim 2 beta 4, patch to compile

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Nov 7 10:53:47 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Kousik Nandy wrote:

> When compiling gaim-otr for beta 4, I got the following error:
>
> gtk-dialog.c:33:22: gtkstock.h: No such file or directory
> gtk-dialog.c: In function `create_dialog':
> gtk-dialog.c:651: error: `GAIM_STOCK_DIALOG_ERROR' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
> gtk-dialog.c:651: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>
> I digged around to see in beta 4, gtkstock.h has been renamed to gaimstock.h
>
> Attached is the full patch for beta 4,

I had a patch for the gtkstick.h and the GAIM_* define errors, but you have
added moer defines. Why were those necessary, since the FC6-extras version
seem to work fully without the additiona #ifdef's you added.

> maybe we can publish a unified
> patch which checks the minor version, and include either gtkstock.h or
> gaimstock.h as per it is beta 2/3 or 4.

I don't need we should do that for "betas". As soon as 2.0.0 final is
released, we should only check for 1.5.x vs 2.0.x and forget about
all the beta releases in the middle.

Paul
ps.I am still waiting for my build environment at home to come back up, so
I can release a gaim.dll for beta4 for windows. But I am 6 hours away
from home until saturday.