[OTR-dev] Command-Line OTR Proxy?

Nikita Borisov me at nikita.ca
Wed Feb 22 15:01:06 EST 2006

On 2/22/06, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 10:44:55PM -0500, Keith Beckman wrote:
> > I've just installed OTR Proxy on Mac OS X 10.4.3, running on a
> > PowerBook G4 500MHz. I've noted two things that would make it a much
> > nicer program to run, in my opinion. The first is that the "quit"
> > option doesn't work correctly. Rather than killing the proxy, it sits
> > indefinitely with the file menu darkened and the proxy still running.
> > It always requires a kill to shut the program down.
>
> Huh.  Is this a known problem?  Do other OSX people see this?

This is a known problem.  There are actually two quit menus in OTR
Proxy: the one in the application menu ("OTR Proxy"), which will
actually let you quit the proxy, and the one in the "File" menu, which
will have the behaviour your describe.   It has to do with some
particulars of wxMac and how it tries to hack the wxWidgets way of
creating menus into the Apple interface.

This is something that I'd like to fix for the 1.0 version of OTR
Proxy, but I don't know when I'll next have some time to look at it.
If another OS X developer wants to take a stab at it, that would be
great.

- Nikita