[OTR-dev] acoountname as 'ourname' in 'incorrect no-plugin' message

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Feb 20 13:55:00 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 02:12:25PM +1100, Scott Ellis wrote:
> ok, this is the 'misbehaviour'...
>
> on one end (receiver), i set the sender contact to 'never' as the OTR policy
> on the other end (sender), i select 'start OTR' with the receiver contact
>
> on the reciever end i get the message:
>
>  ?OTR?v2?
> 'OTR' has requested an Off-the-Record private conversation.  However, you do
> not have a plugin to support that.
> See "http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/" for more information.
>
> it's incorrect on two counts - first, i do have the plugin...

Well, yes, but you've disabled it for that contact.  Maybe "you do not
have an active plugin..." would be better?

> and secondly, it was not OTR that requested the session (the
> accountname is OTR)

I'm not sure I understand here.  It looks like you're passing the string
"OTR" as the first parameter to otrl_proto_default_query_msg() when the
user selects "start OTR" instead of passing the account name.