[OTR-dev] Bug (with fix) in proto.h, lilbotr 3.0.0

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Nov 20 23:53:00 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> Feel free to use the fixed version (0x10, 0x20) in Adium; it won't cause
> incompatibility with other clients or anything.  It just so happens that
> that bug will never be exposed in gaim-otr or otrproxy, so I won't rush
> out a new release of libotr.

Are you sure?
I've seen a few bugs related to starting or restarting (or dual starting?)
sessions from a v2 to a v1 client. Lots of repeated refreshes, sometimes
ending up working, sometimes not, and a rare malformed message.

(not only on jabber, this actually mostly happens for me on MSN, but I
 also use that one mostly)

Paul