[OTR-dev] OTR encryption state

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Jan 28 11:15:00 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:53:37AM -0500, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 04:40:06PM -0600, Evan Schoenberg wrote:
> > Oh, of course; it could be no other way ;)
>
> Do you know if gaim has a built-in API for handling per-buddy
> preferences?

Ah, I found it.  gaim_blist_node_set_{bool,string,int}.  And there's
even a hook for adding things (like the OTR conf panel) to the menu when
you right-click on a buddy in the buddy list.  So it's all good.

I'm a little worried about *where* the global OTR conf will go: there's
not a lot of room in that panel.  Three cascaded checkboxes will take up
quite a bit of space.

Anyone have suggestions, here?