[OTR-dev] proposed API change

Adam Fritzler mid at zigamorph.net
Wed Jan 26 14:15:58 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 09:01:31AM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:

> You know about otrproxy?

I'm aware.  What I'm working on is a larger, generic system; I'm only
doing OTR because I can. :)

It also takes a different approach than otrproxy.  Instead of looking to
the client like an explicit proxy (HTTP, SOCKS, etc), it looks like a
server of the respective IM system, and transparently interfaces with
the real system on behalf of the client.  You can then simply spoof DNS
to redirect the client through the proxy -- though most clients have an
option somewhere to just change where they look for their server (as a
preference, registry entry, etc).

asf.