[OTR-dev] handling jabber resources

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed Jan 12 18:57:12 EST 2005

You're correct that Gaim ignores incoming resources.

Somewhere in there is support for handling them, though, as you can
definitely start private chats using a screen name of the form
chatname at conference.jabberserver.org/handle, where handle is the name
someone is using in a group chat... and is equivalent to a resource of
the group chat itself (chatname at conference.jabberserver.org).

-Evan