[OTR-dev] Queuing of messages before the connection is established

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Tue Feb 8 01:52:07 EST 2005

Using libotr and gaim-otr 1.9.9 on both sides.  We're both using
OPPORTUNISTIC policy, and have already exchanged fingerprints.  Isn't
the message queuing supposed to handle the case where:
- we are  having a secure chat
- he quits and relaunches his client.  I'm still in a secure chat, with
him, as far as my client is concerned.
- he sends me a message in plaintext

Shouldn't it re-negotiate the secure connected before he sends, if
possible, and then send his message, rather than sending his message,
telling me the message was not encrypted, and then handshaking?

-Evan