[OTR-announce] 0.8.3 available

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Nov 25 23:50:48 EST 2004

0.8.3 is online.  Changes:

 - Don't put the DSA keys in libgcrypt secure memory, since (a) we read
   them off disk anyway, and (b) we want to avoid running out of secure
   memory.  [Fixes the problem Antony reported]

 - Remove the "Do you want to start a private conversation" dialogs when
   one side in encrypted and the other side isn't, and instead just try
   to start one if we know for sure the other side supports it.  [Fixes
   the problem Paul and Hugh reported]

 - Speed up the DH computations by using a 320-bit exponent.  [Fixes the
   problem Paul reported]

http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/otr-plugin-0.8.3.tgz