[OTR-dev] daemon-only?

Alex Black enigma at turingstudio.com
Thu Feb 7 00:55:56 EST 2008

> You need some kind of UI in order to validate trust in newly
> acquired keys, or to selectively enable OTR for users for whom you
> have keys. However, I agree the current UI (on a Mac) leaves much to
> be desired. :-)

In my mind, the only UI necessary is what you mention. Generating keys
should be automatic, so the only real UI that should ever be presented
is:

[][][]
[ Do you want to accept an incoming key
[ from user (blah?)
[
[                        [ Deny ]  [ Accept ]

The rest of the UI (active sessions, etc) is superfluous.

If the implementation were that: a background process that has one
single piece of UI - I think it would be ideal.

I'm _amazed_ pathetic apple didn't include OTR in iChat, but I
digress ;)

best,

_alex