[OTR-users] OTR specification udpates

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue May 26 11:41:42 EDT 2015

On 5/26/15 9:37 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Mon 2015-05-25 15:13:03 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 May 2015, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to be able to link to relevant sections of the OTR protocol
>>> spec.
>>>
>>> the spec i'm looking at
>>> (https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/Protocol-v3-4.0.0.html) doesn't appear to
>>> have any anchors that i can use to link to subsections.
>>>
>>> I'd be happy to add anchors to the document and send patches back, but
>>> i'm not sure what the preferred form of editing is.  The HTML looks very
>>> clean, possibly handwritten -- maybe the HTML *is* the preferred form of
>>> editing?
>>
>> Or you can push me and yourself into continuing the work on the IETF OTR
>> draft :P
>
> Hm, i clearly need more projects like this :P  Can you point me to where
> that work is being done?

Paul and I started on that long ago but haven't continue to push it
forward (part of the problem is that I've had 20+ other Internet-Drafts
to finish, which is now down to 14 although 5 of those are in the RFC
Editor queue).

Anyway we have a GitHub repo here: https://github.com/stpeter/otr-spec

I can dedicate some time to this project now that I have fewer IETF
specs to work on.

Peter