[OTR-users] does authentication depend on secrecy of private key

Bits gsnqa6734n at snkmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:33:27 EDT 2015

That's my understanding of it.
Many applications protect private keys with a pass phrase, but I'm not
aware of that option in OTR.  And even if it was an option, you still
couldn't be certain your buddy was using it.
I'll bet this situation isn't addressed b/c if Mallory can get private
keys, there are probably other, even worse problems.
--Bits