[OTR-users] Trouble getting OTR-Pidgin to appear in plugin list after successful compile (Linux)

Finhosting admin at finhosting.fi
Thu Jan 2 23:14:50 EST 2014

On 01/03/2014 03:54 AM, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> Do you have /usr/local/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf ?  It's not there by
> default in all Linux distros.  (Or did you not run ldconfig after
> installing the library into /usr/local/lib?)

That fixed it for the user who had the plugin moved into the plugins dir. I'd added some other directory there, like /usr/local/lib/pidgin . Go figure..

>> For a user where I did not copy pidgin-otr.so into the user's plugins
>> directory, there's no mention of pidgin-otr when I run pidgin -d.
>
> Does pidgin say where it's looking for plugins?

I see now that it's looking in /usr/lib64/pidgin/ (and the otr stuff was not there) . Copying libotr and otr-pidgin there made the plugin available for all the
other users.

yay thx for the help!!!!!