[OTR-users] Problem with signature file?

Andy Roberson gosooners2091 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 00:53:34 EST 2014

New to OTR.

I downloaded OTR for GNU/Linux from
https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/pidgin-otr-4.0.0.tar.gz.

I also downloaded the sig file from
https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/pidgin-otr-4.0.0.tar.gz.asc

However, when I tried to import the sig file into Ubuntu "Passwords and
Keys", it wouldn't import.

When I tried to import from the CLI, I get an error as follows:

daddy at HTPC-ubuntu:~/Desktop$ gpg --import pidgin-otr-4.0.0.tar.gz.asc
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

So, the signature file on this page doesn't seem to be valid. Am I doing
something wrong?

The signature used to sign the file I downloaded was 2BA87C5C, but I
don't know if that matches the ASC file from the OTR site or not.

Kinda new to crypto on general, so you might need to "explain like I'm
5". :-)

--

Thanks,
Andy

Support online privacy by sending encrypted email when possible.