[OTR-users] OTR and OpenSSL Heartbleed vulnerability?

Bernard Tyers - ei8fdb ei8fdb at ei8fdb.org
Wed Apr 16 16:32:23 EDT 2014

On 9 Apr 2014, at 17:55, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> OTR is a protocol.  Different implementations of the protocol might use
> different libraries.  But it doesn't really matter what library the OTR
> implementation uses; if a vulnerable openssl is used in your IM client
> *at all*, you're vulnerable.
>
> The standard libotr uses libgcrypt, for the record.

Hi Ian,

Can you explain when where an IM client would use openssl in terms of OTR? I think I am misunderstanding the your comment.

I’d like to know how IM clients (if any) could be affected, in terms of OTR, or file transfers, etc..

thanks,
Bernard

Bernard / bluboxthief / ei8fdb

If you’d like to get in touch, please do: http://me.ei8fdb.org/