[OTR-users] Question & Answer authentication on Yahoo

sdenies at dcnteam.com sdenies at dcnteam.com
Fri Sep 13 19:34:29 EDT 2013

He's on Windows 7, I'm on Windows 8 (freshly installed, hence the
authentication).  We have noticed the large messages dropping silently for
a while now, when I was on Windows 7.

The config files did not have the trailing newline.  I added that and it
made a difference, however I'm at a loss to explain what it is going on.
I've added my data below, hopefully it makes more sense to you.

prpl-yahoo      works           complains*      drops silently
500             780             never           785
700             730             never           740
default         880             never           890
800             880             never           890
900             340             350-410 420
1400            340             350-790 800

* On these sizes, pidgin reported the message was too large, and
presumably didn't even try to send the message.

These tests were made sending numbers like
"123456789012345678901234567890", with no spaces, newlines, etc.