[OTR-users] Does OTR cache authentication questions?

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Fri Sep 13 06:37:12 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Paul Wouters <paul at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Pete Stephenson wrote:
>
>> It turns out that the supposed issue we were seeing was, in fact, due
>> to this misunderstanding.
>>
>> OTR is working fine, the issue didn't actually happen, and I've
>> inadvertently been producing noise on this list rather than signal.
>> Mea culpa.
>>
>> I apologize for wasting everyone's time. Sorry.
>

> the important thing is, how could this have been made clearer to both of
> you? I see this as a UI failure. What error messages could be changed so
> this would have been immediately obvious to you?

That's a good question. Fortunately, it was not a UI issue but was
rather a human communication issue. I had misunderstood what my friend
had told me and vice versa. It was simply a matter of each of us
needing to be more clear in explaining the situation we each
experienced to each other. We both find the UI to be quite clear and
understandable.

Again, I apologize for the noise.

Cheers!
-Pete