[OTR-users] Does OTR cache authentication questions?

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Wed Sep 11 10:41:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
> The most likely explanation I can think of is that your friend saw the
> authentication dialog box, didn't read it carefully, and just assumed
> (and reported to you) that it was the same question as last time, when
> in fact it was different.
>
> Could that possibly be the case?

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that there was a comedy of
misunderstandings with my friend in which we both misunderstood what
the other was saying and so we thought that a problem had occurred.

It turns out that the supposed issue we were seeing was, in fact, due
to this misunderstanding.

OTR is working fine, the issue didn't actually happen, and I've
inadvertently been producing noise on this list rather than signal.
Mea culpa.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time. Sorry.

Cheers!
-Pete

--
Pete Stephenson