[OTR-users] Pretty-please standardize OTR signature storage, per OS.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Sep 10 19:03:54 EDT 2013

On 09/10/2013 06:50 PM, Tamme Schichler wrote:
> I just looked at alternatives and it seems that named pipes can have
> security settings that allow only a certain user to access them. They
> should otherwise work like a loopback socket, just with a different
> (better) namespace. I never used them before, so I didn't know about
> this possibility.

we're talking here about a server process that needs to mediate
concurrent access with multiple clients.  I don't think named pipes are
the answer.  if you're using a unix-domain socket on a modern OS, you
should be able to use the SO_PEERCRED sockopt to determine (and limit)
the identity of the connecting peer.

	--dkg