[OTR-users] Does OTR cache authentication questions?

Lachezar Dobrev l.dobrev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 06:54:34 EDT 2013

  Are you by any chance using Google Talk (now Hangouts)?

  AFAIK OTR uses the IM's communication channel to send and receive
peer authentication in specially formatted messages.
  With the recent changes in Google Talk I've had numerous occasions
where messages I sent to my contacts got stalled, and not resent until
my peers started using different client/device, sometimes with a week
of delay. That might be an underlying cause of your problem.