[OTR-users] Pretty-please standardize OTR signature storage, per OS.

subharo at hushmail.com subharo at hushmail.com
Sun Oct 6 13:40:08 EDT 2013

Hello Adrian,

The IM client to which you're referring seems to be Blink.  sip2sip
is a free SIP service, and they recommend the Blink IM client for
use with it.  Blink is Open Source, however I haven't yet checked
it out yet, as I'm much more interested in XMPP than SIP.

The one gripe I see at the outset is that it uses iCloud for
backups, which I don't trust as secure.  Hopefully that's optional,
and not enabled by default.

None the less, thanks for pointing Blink/SIP2SIP out.  Note: XMPP
works considerably better for me than SIP on my satellite internet
connection.  SIP always works poorly for me (unless I were to
carefully use a VPN), and the satellite makes damn sure of that.
Although when my satellite is too busy (like during evenings and
weekends), it drops XMPP traffic also.

Cheers,
Subharo