[OTR-users] Pretty-please standardize OTR signature storage, per OS.

subharo at hushmail.com subharo at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 3 07:11:54 EDT 2013

Hello Ian,

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:42:37 -0400 "Ian Goldberg"
<ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 12:18:00PM -0400, subharo at hushmail.com
>wrote:
>> Now then, both Jitsi and Gajim currently *only allow one OTR
>> fingerprint at a time, per contact*.  Where can you see this?
>
>That's broken, then.  If this is true, bugs should be filed
>against
>Jitsi and Gajim.

I didn't know multiple OTR fingerprints for one IM account was
possible!  Thanks Ian, that changes things a lot.

I checked How Jitsi and Gajim handle multiple OTR fingerprints.

Jitsi (I'm using v2.3.4848) is "broken", as you say.  A newly
verified OTR-fingerprint merely overwrites the old one, if an older
one exists.  Anyone want to file a bug?

Gajim is not broken.

Cheers,
Subharo