[OTR-users] PGP integration?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Nov 6 12:59:57 EST 2013

> On 06/24/2013 07:48 PM, Ximin Luo wrote:
>
> > How do I do that?
> >
> > I assume that GPG/OTR libraries have relevant APIs for manipulating
> > keys, but you make it sound like there is some existing tool I can
> > use.
>
> GnuPG doesn't have any library interface but gpgme (which is actually
> a C library that just execs the gpg executable).  I'm not sure about
> OTR implementations.
>
> Looking at ~/.irssi/otr/otr.key, it doesn't look like it would be hard
> to generate the appropriate stanza based on an export of an OpenPGP
> key.
>
> One possible place to start is the src/share/keytrans perl script in
> the monkeysphere codebase (git://git.monkeysphere.info/monkeysphere),
> which might just need a couple small changes to emit the right sort
> of data. If you want to pursue that, feel free to discuss it on
> #monkeysphere on irc.oftc.net or via the monkeysphere mailing list
> <monkeysphere at lists.riseup.net>.  I know we'd be happy to see
> those changes.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	--dkg

We have rudimentary support for this in the latest release of KeySync:
https://guardianproject.info/apps/keysync/

It will read a DSA subkey from your GnuPG secret key and convert it
into main different OTR formats.  Writing out to various OTR formats
works pretty well, its the reading from GnuPG that is rudimentary.

Please try it out and let us know how it works for you!

.hc

--
PGP fingerprint: 5E61 C878 0F86 295C E17D 8677 9F0F E587 374B BE81