[OTR-users] libotr/pidgin-otr 4.0.0 "beta2" release and win32 build

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Jul 11 19:04:09 EDT 2012

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.H5MsVi (%build)
>
> That's odd. First up, can you please apply the patches to git tip?
> Secondly, can you try building it without the rpm stuff?

Turns out there were two issues. First, my build thought it used
beta2 but really used beta1. This is important because earlier
feedback i gave on beta2 should be ignored. (I still had issues)

Second point was that jake's patches needed git HEAD, so I also
applied the diff between beta2 and head. Things are compiling and
running properly now. In a few days I should know more about the
"otr wars" still happening or not.

Paul