[OTR-users] Pidgin-OTR Logging Behaviour

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Feb 1 11:34:01 EST 2012

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:20:09 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> it would be cool if there is some way (I know not enforceable) for an
>   OTR peer to assert that it is or isn't logging, and to warn the user
>   if the remote side is logging and they aren't.   Or perhaps if one
>   disables logging to have that flow across and disable.  Again, I
>   realize people can code around this, or cut/paste, etc.  But it would
>   set social expectations.

An excellent suggestion, maybe explicitly disallow automatic remote
logging if a particular preference is set and have a default of No while
allowing Yes and Always (and perhaps Never if you're the trusting
kind). Again in the decide-per-conversation mode there could be a
checkbox on the conversation window to set this on the fly. Or maybe a
pop-up before the conversation window opens if either local or remote
logging is to be selectable per conversation.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde