[OTR-users] Pidgin-OTR Logging Behaviour

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Feb 1 11:28:10 EST 2012

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:57:51 -0500
Rob Smits <rdfsmits at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> -Change current default behaviour to explicitly disable logging for
> OTR conversations, and output the above message.

I would prefer this, with an option to enable logging via a checkbox on
the conversation window unless a preference for "never log OTR
conversations" is set. Ideally the preference would allow Log OTR
conversations? [Yes/No/Never] with No being the default on both Windows
and Linux.

> -When an OTR conversation starts, explicitly ask the user whether they
> wish to log OTR conversations (if no Pidgin-OTR logging preference is
> found), and perhaps output the above message. Once the user provides
> an answer, future OTR conversations will not trigger this prompt.

That's quite neat, but assumes that everyone always has the same needs
for logging when using OTR. This is not necessarily the case.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde