[OTR-users] (no subject)

Greg Reagle reagle at cepr.net
Thu Apr 19 16:23:43 EDT 2012

I have a suggestion for improving the clarity of the web page at
http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/.  I'll show the current text and
my proposed text with changes underlined, then the rationale.
What do you think?  Thanks.

Current text:
<<<

Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging allows you to have private
conversations over instant messaging by providing:

Encryption
       No one else can read your instant messages.

Proposed text:
<<<
Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging enables you to have private
conversations over instant messaging by using encryption to
provide:

Confidentiality/Privacy
       No one else can read your instant messages.

Rationale:
My change of "allows" to "enables" is cosmetic.  In my opinion,
it is a more positive and active word.

The other changes I consider substantive.  Encryption (and the
specific way it is implemented in OTR) is what provides
Confidentiality/Privacy, Authentication, Deniability, and Perfect
forward secrecy.

-- Greg Reagle reagle at cepr.net