[OTR-users] OTR for audio/speech

Greg Reagle reagle at cepr.net
Thu Apr 19 16:00:15 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012, at 01:28 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:
> No, The #otr channel on freenode never really took of and was abandoned.

I was trying to do the chat thing instead of using the email list to
keep down traffic, but since there is no chat room I'll use the email
list.

Is anyone using OTR to encrypt speech/audio (kind of like Skype)?  If
yes, what protocols are being used, how well does it work, and what
software do you recommend?

I use OTR via the Pidgin OTR plugin because it is developed directly by
the OTR developers (and I suppose that gives advantages in terms of
timeliness and correctness).  I mainly use a Jabber(XMPP) account, text
only--I haven't done audio/speech except with Skype.

Thanks.

--
Greg Reagle
reagle at cepr.net