[OTR-users] Authentication, more info

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Sep 24 22:48:12 EDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 04:06:59PM -0700, Jeff Couturier wrote:

> Still can't Authenticate.
> When buddy sends me a question and I answer his correctly
> the process never seems to complete. Could existing fingerprints
> ( unverified ) be stopping up the process when we try to use
> the question option ?

Nope, the authentication process is independent of whatever fingerprints
you already know about.  Can you use pidgin -d (or something like
wireshark) on both sides to capture the messages that are being sent and
received and see if at least they match?

Also, what IM network are you using?  Is it yahoo?