[OTR-users] OTR-plugin makes Pidgin crash

Gilles Gravier gilles at gravier.org
Thu Jul 14 03:00:51 EDT 2011

When you updated Pidgin to 2.9.0... Did you also update GTK? Can you try
deleting Pidgin and GTK and re-installing the whole Pidgin+GTK
completely to be sure?

Gilles.

On 14/07/2011 08:55, George-Lopez wrote:
>> Hi, George!
>>
>> Can you give us more context? Does it crash on start? Or does it crash
>> when using a specific protocol? When doing somehing special? Every time?
>> Or only every now and then? I'm using Pidgin 2.9.0 and OTR 3.2 and it
>> doesn't crash. Ever.
>>
> Hi Gilles.
> It crashes sometimes, and sometimes only, when I close Pidgin, or when I
> enable an account after a long Pidgin session (many days without closing
> it).
> I have 4 XMPP accounts and 1 MSN enabled
>>
>> I'm on Windows 7 x64, I've been updating Pidgin every single version
>> that came out. It still works without crashing.
>>
>> So maybe you give us a bit more details. :)
>>
>> Gilles.
>>

>> On 14/07/2011 08:42, George-Lopez wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>> I noticed this fact a while ago, since Pidgin 2.6.x
>>> I'm using Pidgin 2.9.0 now, OTR plugin 3.2, and here are the crash logs
>>> from Pidgin: http://pastebin.com/sVPuNnwm
>>> The pidgin team told me it's because of the OTR plugin, so i'm asking
you.
>>> I hope there's still a developer in here :)

- --
Signature Home Chastity
Gilles Gravier = Gilles at Gravier.org
ICQ : 77488526  || MSN Messenger : Gilles at Gravier.org
Skype : ggravier || Y! : ggravier || AOL : gillesgravier
Aka-Aki : ggravier || PGP Key ID : 0x8DE6D026
"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around
the sun."