[OTR-users] Pidgin Plugin should ignore XMPP Resource for verification

Lachezar Dobrev l.dobrev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 07:00:28 EDT 2010

  When remembering contacts' fingerprints Pidgin OTR Plug-in should
ignore the Resource part of the account, since it can be changed
without any significant impact.
  Currently when changing resource on the same account I have to
verify fingerprints for my contacts again, even though they have the
same fingerprint and account, which seems extraneous, and frankly
raises a false-positive alarm for eavesdropping.

  Please excuse me if this has been discussed, I was unable to find
any reference to this «issue».