[OTR-users] pidgin-otr installer unable to find pidgin on Windows

Gangadhar Nittala npk.gangadhar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 10:10:46 EDT 2010

All,

I have been using pidgin-otr for a while now. I just reinstalled my OS
and so reinstalled pidgin too (pidgin 2.7.3). When I try to install
pidgin-otr, the installer (this is Windows Vista) complains that it
could not locate pidgin. When I installed pidgin-otr earlier I never
faced this issue (I installed pidgin-otr on multiple Windows machines
and never faced this problem).

Can you please let me know what I can do to make the pidgin-otr
installer see the pidgin install location ? I didn't know how to get
the debug output from the pidgin-otr installer for me to attach to the
post.

OS: Windows Vista
pidgin installation folder: c:\users\username\program files\pidgin

I checked the OTR site to look for DLL files that I could download and
register, but there seem to be none. Can you please help ?

Thank you
Gangadhar