[OTR-users] OTR for android mobiles

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat May 29 11:55:13 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 07:16:55PM +0300, Marti Raudsepp wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Mansour Moufid <mansourmoufid at gmail.com> wrote:
> > TextSecure sounds very interesting! Especially since Whisper Systems
> > plan on making it open source soon.
>
> According to their FAQ it seems that they're only intending to release
> it as "viewable source", not actually open source.

I talked to Moxie in #whispersystems today.  He is *not* intending to
release either RedPhone or TextSecure under the terms of an open source
license.  He only means to make it available under the terms of a license
that allows *auditing* the source code.  I find that pretty
disappointing, but it's better (for security purposes) than just keeping
the source code entirely under wraps (as long as you trust him to use the
source you can actually audit in his distributed applications).