[OTR-users] libtool: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-mingw32 shared

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Mar 12 16:44:13 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 04:03:47PM +0000, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> C:\msys\1.0\bin\libtoolize: rerunning C:\msys\1.0\bin\libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.

Hold on; are you running this *on* a Windows box?  Sorry; I hadn't fully
understood that.  The instructions I gave were for using mingw as a
cross-compiler from Linux (which is how we make the Windows binaries).

I've never tried to actually build it on Windows itself, though I know
other people have; for example, I'm pretty sure the Emerald Second Life
viewer: http://modularsystems.sl/ is built on Windows.

Once you (or someone else) comes up with instructions to build it on
Windows, I'd be happy to include them.  But I can't help debug the
issue, I'm afraid.