[OTR-users] irssi-otr

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:42:59 EST 2010

I'm running irssi-otr [1] for OTR support in Irssi and Bitlbee for all
my private chat connections. However, as of a recent upgrade to Irssi
0.8.14, irssi-otr has stopped working. The problem is this:

All keys are generated and loaded. When I wish to initiate an OTR
session with a buddy, I must send "?OTR?" to his client. We would then
authenticate, establish a trusted session, and we're off and running.

Now, regardless of who issues "?OTR?", whether it be myself, or my
buddy, the authentication never happens. I've turned on debugging, but
nothing useful comes on screen.

Has anyone seen this, or currently experiencing it? I was running Irssi
0.8.12, and as mentioned, everything was working as expected. After the
upgrade, it stopped working.

[1] http://irssi-otr.tuxfamily.org/

Thanks,
--