[OTR-users] mpOTR: replay attacks from insiders

Matthew Van Gundy mdvangundy at ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 30 12:50:23 EDT 2010

On 8/30/10 8:48 AM, Christoph A. wrote:
> So the details of the mpOTR protocol are not fully defined yet and
> therefore detailed questions* and analyses should take place after Matt
> completed the implementation[1] ?

As I mentioned in my previous email, a solution for ensuring consensus
is currently under submission.  It was the primary open problem that
need to be addressed before we could provide a useful concrete
implementation of mpOTR.  With that in hand, I am working on
implementing the protocol.  I'm happy to field any questions/analysis
you may have.

>> Your otr-user list alternative is to send us directly your questions and
>> comments.
>
> Thank you for your offer!

I think posting questions to otr-users or, perhaps, otr-dev is useful
because it gives others the benefit of learning from previous
discussions.  If the regular users of either list feel like the
information is off-topic, perhaps we can set up another public list
specifically for mpOTR discussion.

Cheers,
Matt