[OTR-users] OTR support in CenterIM

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Sep 10 19:24:36 EDT 2009

The OTR site still lists CenterIM as an "OTR-aware" application, and as
far as I've been able to determine it still doesn't support OTR.  A
couple years ago someone came up with a Jabber OTR patch for it, but it
wasn't accepted because of some of the changes it made to the system.
Even if it had been accepted into the CenterIM project, though, it would
only have provided OTR support for a single Jabber account, total.

Am I missing some later announcement of OTR support being added to
CenterIM, or is the inclusion of CenterIM amongst the "OTR-aware"
applications erroneous?

Quoth Henry Spencer: "Those who don't understand Unix are doomed to
reinvent it, poorly."