[OTR-users] OTR and TLS encryption to a network, good or bad?

200 9q2 2009q2 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 22:43:43 EDT 2009

Plan to swich to jabber+OTR. Been looking for a nice Jabber+OTR
opensource client. Couldn't find even 1(for windows). Probeble will
give MirandaIM a try. Although im don't want to use a multie protocall
client. Any one other sugestions?Why i register and now mail to this
list is becaus i couldn't find the answer to the following question,
but probebly you guys know:
its somewhat unclear to me what is the best securty setup for jabber.
I have two needs. OTR but even more so password theft provention.
from what i read OTR suposed to offer plausible diniabilety, not that
i would ever need it, but it sounds cool! If i use a secure connection
to the network either SSL or TLS does this compromise some of the OTR
merits? Is it better not using a encription on the transport layer
since OTR will do the end to end encryption. Ore can these work
togheter? Or would it ask to much possessing power (single core
laptop)? If not using TLS on the network how to prefent password theft
and save login?
I am not looking for fancey clients or extra fitures. Just simle text
massaging with max securty. What is the best way to go??i know OTR
isn't specialy for jabber. But if their are some jabber users with
aswers....thanks.