[OTR-users] Can't decrypt own messages

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat May 30 17:49:49 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 03:34:22PM -0500, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> I thought maybe I was using an old version of pidgin-otr and libotr2, so I
> downloaded and compiled the latest, yet the same problem still occurs. If
> anyone sends me an encrypted message, I can decrypt it, but not my own.
>
> http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8884/screenshotjeromecold.png

Some other plugins are known not to play well with OTR.  I think
there's one that splits up your outgoing messages into smaller chunks,
for example?  Anyway, they intercept the message that's about to be sent
out (the _encrypted_ message), do something with it, and display *that*,
rather than displaying the message the user typed.